Oh my goodness, guys (and gals)! Have I come across a flippin’ amazing cookbook! My friend Kelly from The Nourishing Home blew me out of the water with this one. I knew she was talented, but this? This is pure genius!
Everyday Grain-Free Baking has more than 100 irresistible recipes, and teaches you how easy it is to create grain-free, dairy-free versions of all your favorite baked goods.
From breads, biscuits and muffins to savory snacks and decadent treats, you’ll find step-by-step instructions, beautiful color photographs and helpful tips & tidbits!
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll find in Everyday Grain-Free Baking:
• More than 100 delicious, easy-to-make recipes that are gluten-free, grain-free starch-free, refined-sugar-free and dairy-free, or contain dairy-free options.
• Kelly’s personal story shared to inspire those suffering from chronic illnesses that there is hope!
• A “Why Bake Grain-Free?” section that outlines the many benefits of grain-free baking.
• Strategies for Maximizing Success features Kelly’s personal tips for ensuring that all of your grain-free baking adventures receive rave reviews!
• My Grain-Free Kitchen includes an overview of the key ingredients that make grain-free baking a success, as well as recommendations for helpful baking essentials.
• Tips & Tidbits and Recipe Variations are included throughout the book to make each recipe a snap – and provide you with even more options for making amazing grain-free baked goods that taste just like traditional favorites!
I mean seriously, look at these photos!
There’s cinnamon rolls in there, too! Cinnamon Rolls!
But I want to share with you these amazing Southern Style Biscuits! Light and fluffy, a bit crisp on the outside…these will make you forget your pre-grain free days!
Southern Style Biscuits
Reprinted with permission from Everyday Grain-Free Baking
Yield: 8 biscuits
2½ cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil), melted
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 large eggs
¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and honey until smooth. Add the coconut milk, eggs, and apple cider vinegar, whisking together until well combined.
4. Using a spoon, stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until thoroughly combined.
5. Scoop a large spoonful of batter into your hands and gently roll into a ball about the size of an apricot; repeat until you’ve made 8. Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet two inches apart and gently flatten using the palm of your hand. (If dough is too sticky, refrigerate for about 15 minutes before rolling into balls and flattening.)
6. Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Serve warm with a drizzle of raw honey or homemade jam.
Want to buy Everyday Grain-Free Baking? You can buy it HERE!