Grain Free Lemon “Buttermilk” Pancakes

Grain Free Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes

You know how sometimes you make grain-free pancakes, and they’re hard to flip over? Well, fret no more! These grain free lemon buttermilk pancakes are easy-to-flip and fluffy! You could swap out the lemon flavor for anything–almond extract, vanilla extract, whatever your little heart desires!

5.0 from 8 reviews
Grain Free Lemon "Buttermilk" Pancakes

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Fluffy, grain-free pancakes that are easy to flip!
Author:
Serves: 6 large or 10 small pancakes
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Pour the almond milk into a bowl. Gently stir in the apple cider vinegar and set aside.
  2. Heat a skillet over low-medium heat with just a tad bit of oil on the pan.
  3. Stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  4. In the bowl with the almond milk, add in the eggs, lemon zest or extract, butter or oil, and honey or syrup and whisk together well.
  5. Pour into the dry ingredients and gently stir with a fork.
  6. Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the pan and let sit until bubble start to form:
  7. Flip over and let cook for a few minutes until done.
  8. Remove and keep warm in the oven until the rest of the pancakes are ready.
Notes
You can swap out the lemon flavoring for any other flavor you desire!
grain free lemon buttermilk pancakes

Comments

Oh my! Those look and sound incredible. As soon as my move is behind me, and my kitchen is unpacked, I’ll be making these! I pinned them so I won’t forget them.

2. Karen says

Can I substitute other dairy free milks for the almond milk? I know almond milk is quick rich so wondering if that i why you chose this milk over coconut or rice milk. Thanks so much for all you wondrful recipes!

3. Donna says

These look delish! Is there anything I could use to substitute for the tapioca flour, as I have all ingredients but that?

4. Nikki says

I’ve made these 3 or 4 times now, my family LOVES them! My daughter is ultra picky and can detect “abnormal” food a mile away. She actually asks for them. We added another 1 c. of almond flour and 1/4 c. tapioca starch because the way we made them, they were more crepe-like (which were yummy, too!)

Funny story….The first time I made them, I asked my hubby if he wanted some “lemony” pancakes. He said, “Lemony? Did you do that on purpose?” I said, “Yes.” He agreed to try them and he LOVED them!

5. Jenny says

THANK YOU so much for this recipe! We are trying to lower the glycemic index of our foods and avoid grains. It’s been really hard finding grain free recipes that taste good, especially for my daughter. I made these a week ago, not saying anything, just announcing I was making pancakes. I used skim milk and didn’t add lemon. They are DELICIOUS!! I just made them this morning again for school. The extra batter I keep for the next morning. My husband grabs cold left overs and eats them on the way to work. What I LOVE is my daughter doesn’t keep going back for tons (like w the sugar, chemical, wheat batter), but naturally feels full after a normal amount. Same with me.

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. When I told my daughter I was making these pancakes this morning, she was like ‘yay’!

6. Jenny says

I forgot to add that our batter is runny too BUT I just put like maybe 2 or 3 TB of batter for each pancake and it’s fine. Once you flip, mine was still runny, and the other side cooks it’s totally fine. They look like pancakes and taste almost like French roast in a way – just delicious.

Thanks again

Just found your blog this week and boy have I been missing out! I’m enjoying reading about your family, watching the video (which was great!) and seeing your other recipes. This recipe is how I found you, and I made it this weekend with great results! I had tried another grain-free pancake recently that was too rubbery. This one was great! I mixed up the batter with just a few changes and kept it in the fridge and cooked a few pancakes each day for 3 days. Worked out great!

These pancakes were fantastic! Honestly, one of the best grain-free recipes I’ve tried yet! They even worked out well despite me having forgotten {courtesy of my ‘baby-brain’ and my toddler vying for attention} to mix the dry ingredients together first before adding the wet ing.!! I will most certainly be making these again!!