I saw this idea on a friend’s Facebook page and just knew I had to give it a try! I was skeptical that this would turn out like a real rotisserie chicken, but it blew my expectations! The skin did not get crispy, but I was thinking, if you had one of these you could probably solve that problem! This meat fell off the bone and melted in our mouths!
This has seriously rocked my world! Knowing I can come home after a busy day with the kids to a rotisserie-style chicken AND baked potatoes makes my heart happy!!
Here are the pictures before:
- 1 whole chicken
- 4-5 small sweet potatoes (or regular potatoes)
- olive or avocado oil
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes, then rub with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place on bottom of crock pot, enough to cover the bottom in a single layer.
- Sprinkle chicken generously with salt and pepper (and any other spices you may want--I went simple with this one).
- Place on top of wrapped potatoes.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- This meat just falls apart, so instead of removing the whole chicken all at once, I just got a fork and started taking the meat off and setting it aside.
- Once done, carefully take out the potatoes, remove foil and eat!