Pumpkin Apple Muffins

Pumpkin Apple Muffins

What two ingredients sum up fall better than pumpkin and apple? These Pumpkin Apple Muffins blend into the perfect fall treat for a cool autumn day. And there’s nothing like the amazingly radiant fall colors that grace the land this time of year.

Recipe: Pumpkin Apple Muffins (makes 12 muffins)

3 cups almond flour

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp ground ginger

2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey

2 eggs

1/4 cup coconut oil, melted

1 cup pumpkin puree

2 TBSP apple cider vinegar

2 cups apples (I used Granny Smith), peeled, cored and chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners or grease with coconut oil. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, syrup or honey, and pumpkin. Add coconut oil and whisk quickly, so it doesn’t harden. Whisk in cider vinegar, then pour wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine. Stir in chopped apples. Fill muffin tins to almost full, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Note: Store in fridge for best results.

Comments

This looks delicious. I can’t wait to try it. How many does it make? A dozen? I love your recipes but I notice they don’t have have serving amount. Or at least I seem to find myself searching for it and not being able to find out the amount easily. Can you please let us know how many this makes and include yield amounts your future awesome recipes too? Thank you so much!!

Yum! I love pumpkin and apple and muffins. lol I will have to make these this weekend. I made your apple pockets yesterday and they are delicious. I had to stop myself from eating them all. :)

Okay, I must have done something wrong. The only substitution I made was using canola oil instead of coconut oil. Maybe that was the problem. They didn’t cook through and, even after putting them back in to cook for longer (and I think they are done), they fall completely apart trying to get them out of the pan (although they aren’t sticking). I really want this recipe to work because it sounds so good and your picture makes them look great. Suggestions?

You may need to put them into the fridge and let them chill first. I let mine cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, but then they came out fine. Do you happen to be using almond meal? Sometimes that can make a difference. If not, then I’m not sure, but I would think putting them in the fridge until they’re cold should do the trick. Let me know if it ends up working out! Sorry it was a flop!

4. Kristen says

Made these a few days ago and they are delicious!!! Best muffin (paleo or not) that I’ve ever eaten. My non paleo house guests were raving.

I used pumpkin pie spice and almond meal, but otherwise followed the recipe. They are a little delicate and I ate them with a fork and stored them in the fridge (toasted them or let them come to room temp before eating).

Thanks for all the great recipes, every time I see a new one I automatically pin it! I love your blog- the recipes, the workouts, and readjng about uour life and faith are all so enriching. Not to mention The zucchini noodles with the spiral cutter is life changing :)

5. Heather Stewart says

All thumbs up at my house! I had organic apples and no helpers to use the peeler-corer-slicer so I just grated the apples, peels and all, in my food processor. They turned out great! Thank you!

6. Amy says

Curious if anyone has tried these with an egg substitution? Going to try them later but thought I’d ask first. They look delicious and hope they work!

7. michele says

SO thankful for all your hard work! This website is one of my new favorites. Loved reading about your story and your journey and how the LORD is SO good to use the not so lovely parts of our stories and bring goodness and purpose to it all.