1-Minute Cookie Dough

1 minute cookie dough.jpg

Do you ever just feel like snacking on some cookie dough? Or maybe making cookie dough ice cream? This is so simple, and it’s egg/grain/dairy free! Of course, you could cook these, but they’re just so darn good raw!

Recipe: 1-Minute Cookie Dough

2 cups almond flour

1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot starch

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp baking soda (eliminate if you’re not cooking these)

2-3 TBSP pure maple syrup or honey

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup coconut oil, melted

1/4 cup soy-free, dairy-free chocolate chips

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the coconut oil and stir. Then add the maple syrup or honey, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir to combine, roll into balls, or just eat it out of the bowl! Makes enough to share with the family, too (if you want)!

P.S. If you want to bake them, I would suggest 350 degrees for about 9-11 minutes.

Comments

1. Melissa says

Hi there! I actually saw this recipe on fastpaleo.com, so I thought I’d mosey on over to your website to ask a question about it. Is there a comparable alternative to tapioca flour for this recipe? Coconut flour or arrowroot flour perhaps? (I’m new to paleo, so still trying to figure out what swaps with what.) Thanks! :)

• Cheri says

These look yummy. I know my girls would like a treat like this with their homework. I’m wondering if I could substitute the almond flour with oat flour or sorghum flour?

• radlandon says

Hi, Cheri! You could definitely try that! I haven’t tried it with anything other than almond flour, but if you do, let me know how it turns out!!

2. Dee says

Can someone please kindly tell me where i can get the tapioca flour/arrowroot starch, and coconut oil? Thanks!

• radlandon says

Hi, Dee. I get my tapioca flour on Amazon in bulk, but you can buy it at Whole Foods or other health food stores. The coconut oil is available at my Costco, but before it came there, I also bought that on Amazon. Hope that helps!

3. Angie says

Any sub for tapioca or arrowroot? I have everything else an would love to make them without lugging my kiddos to the store. I am game for a baked or raw version if that helps.

• radlandon says

Any type of starch. If you’re in a pickle, you can try leaving it out, but I can’t guarantee results!

• radlandon says

Hi, Dana! I’m sorry I don’t have experience with comparable flours to almond. I have heard that sunflower seed flour is comparable, but I haven’t verified it myself. So sorry!

4. syl says

just made them with coconut flour because i didn’t have any almond flour, ..kinda dry i think they would have been better with the almond flour, but still good :)

5. Shannon says

What brand of almond flour to you use? I just baked cookies with Bob’s Red Mill, and they came out kind of runny and mealy.

• radlandon says

Shannon, I buy blanched almond flour from Honeyville Grain. I would highly suggest using blanched almond flour as opposed to almond meal or unblanched almond flour b/c it is a much finer texture. Hope that helps!

6. kbencsik@hotmail.com says

Could you substitute coconut flour for almond flour in this and other cookie recipes? For those who have allergies to nuts?

• radlandon says

I’m sorry, coconut flour is a whole other entity. It doesn’t sub 1:1 for almond flour. =( You could google subs though and hopefully find something that works. I have heard sunflower seed flour is a good sub!

7. Jessica says

I only had about a teaspoon of coconut oil left, so I had to sub an avocado in place of the oil. It definitely worked! The cookie dough was green at first but it turned to a darker brown. They smelled a bit like avo, but I don’t think the taste was affected much.

8. Sabrina says

These look great! Can the dough be frozen for a week before baking? I have a super long weekend this week and have long weekends every other week so i’d like to start making desserts ahead of time and freeze…thank you so much!