Well, we’re all settled in after returning from our Disney Cruise. Yay for Kids Sail Free! Couldn’t have done it otherwise. Overall, the main meal options offered plenty of opportunity to eat clean, but if we wanted to snack during the day, our options were pretty much fruit (the same fruit every day) or junk food. They had 3 separate restaurants open all day. One featured hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries, etc. Another featured pizza, and the last had fruit and wraps. But for someone trying to stay as grain/dairy-free as possible, I was pretty disappointed in the healthy options offered.
After a rough first day trying to figure out what Superman was going to be able to eat, we were able to order his breakfasts and lunches for the whole week to ensure he would get food. One day he didn’t get lunch as nothing at the buffet was edible for him. Dinners he would pre-order the night before. The staff was very accommodating and helpful, and Superman did amazingly well, with few symptoms popping up during the trip. Here are a few of the meals I enjoyed while sailing:
And now, here are the top 10 things I learned while on a Disney Cruise:
10. I shouldn’t run on a treadmill on a cruise ship. The combination of a moving ship and a moving belt can only add up to an embarrassing situation.
9. Even though I realized I couldn’t run on a treadmill, when the weather was nice, running around the 1/3 mile track out in the middle of the ocean was freakin’ exhilirating!
8. Some people are really mean to their kids. I mean, I yell at my kids just like anyone else, but having someone say to us (while holding his kid), “Don’t EVER have children!” was sad.
7. I really like the sound of the ocean.
6. It doesn’t take long for the effects of sugar and dairy to manifest themselves in our children. Especially in their behavior.
5. The kitchen crew on our ship cooked up 56,000 eggs during the week. Just a week!
4. I think stress (even if it’s subconscious) plays a big role in how Superman feels.
3. Disney coffee is delicious black.
2. When someone poops in the pool, the staff drains the whole thing and fills it back up with fresh water. Luckily, it wasn’t one of mine.
1. Disney knows how to do it right. The cruise had the perfect balance of family time and couple time. I even got do some online sports betting in Oklahoma by the pool from my iPad.
When we were tired, we got a break. We enjoyed lots of stuff with the kids, but we came home feeling rested. Probably the first time I’ve ever come back from a vacation without feeling like I needed another vacation to recuperate, with that being said, I’m currently looking at https://tongarirocrossing.com/shuttle-options/ so a can book a new trip to New Zealand.
So, that’s my recap! We had a great time, but it’s nice to be back. I’ll be posting the Week 4 CrossFit Challenge WODs tomorrow!