doTERRA vs Young Living: Which is better?
People often ask me, “Why dōTERRA?” Honestly, I think oftentimes, they’re hoping I’ll get involved in the doTERRA vs Young Living “war.” Maybe they’re hoping for a little drama. =) But honestly, here’s what I think:
- Both companies are legit. Honestly, the quality of dōTERRA or Young Living essential oils are both incredible. I would trust Young Living oils on my children just as much as I trust dōTERRA. They both grow “beyond organic” and do extensive testing on their oils. I know neither of them have adulterated oils, like you would find at the grocery store.
- Both companies are providing a product that helps people. Both Young Living and dōTERRA offer products that seriously can change peoples’ lives. Seriously. If you’re a skeptic and can’t believe that essential oils can make a difference in your life, I challenge you to try them.
- Both companies have teamed with hospitals and scientists to further advance the research and knowledge base of essential oils. This is so important! Both Young Living and dōTERRA are involved in encouraging more extensive research on the benefits of oils. Both have started to get their hands into traditional hospital settings, which I think is amazing!
doTERRA vs Young Living essential oils: which is better?
So, those are some ways the companies are both reputable and why I trust them both. However, I did obviously choose a company to ultimately work with, and that company is dōTERRA. So why did I choose them over Young Living or any other company out there?
doTERRA vs Young Living: Some reasons why I chose doTERRA essential oils
- dōTERRA grows indigenously. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but dōTERRA works very closely with their farmers and distillers. In each plant’s indigenous location, they ensure the plants are grown to specification, harvested at peak and distilled properly. Why is this important? The same plant grown in two locations will not yield the same levels of beneficial compounds in both locations. Plants thrive in their native regions and habitat. This does not mean they won’t grow in other places; but you cannot expect the same quality of plants from these two different locations. The soil organisms and nutrients, humidity, rainfall, sunlight hours, altitude, etc. all play factor in the plant. And ultimately, they play a factor in the oil that is extracted from that plant. Young Living owns most of their own farms (which can also be a good thing). However, they grow most of their lavender on their farms in Utah, whereas dōTERRA sources from France.
- dōTERRA works closely with farmers. dōTERRA does co-impact sourcing, meaning they work with farmers who have often been stuck as the middle man in oil bidding wars. doTERRA makes solid contracts with them, and most importantly, they pay the farmers YEAR ROUND. This is something no other essential oil company does. Unfortunately, most farmers who grow plants for the essential oil industry are poor most of the year and have to make cuts on the production just to survive.
More reasons why I favor doTERRA in the “doTERRA or Young Living” battle
- The Healing Hands Foundation. The dōTERRA Healing Hands Foundation was created in an effort to accomplish a mission of goodness in the world. Healing Hands seeks to bring healing and hope to the world and to ultimately teach impoverished cultures how to be self-reliant. dōTERRA provides for all overhead and administrative costs of the dōTERRA Healing Hands Foundation, ensuring that 100 percent of all donations go directly to those receiving aid. I absolutely love this! It thrills me to know that the company I know and love is thinking outside of their own walls.
Young Living vs doTERRA: Even more reasons why I chose doTERRA
- The compensation plan is generous and fosters teamwork. The way MLM’s are structured, the people under you are sharing and those under them are sharing, and on and on it goes. So the further down the line goes the more people you have under you. In most companies, you make the most money for the people enrolled right under you, and then it gets less and less as you go further down your lines. dōTERRA is the opposite. They pay the least for people directly under you, and pay more for people further down your line. This encourages a spirit of team work, and helps the people under you grow, because when they succeed, you succeed!
- My gut. Ultimately, this was my final decision-maker. I just went with my gut. It’s not that Young Living is a bad company or inferior in any way. It’s just that when I researched the two companies, I felt at home with dōTERRA. I knew it was the company for me. And I knew the team I was joining was the perfect team for me! The resources available to me are tremendous, and I get to share those with everyone who I enroll! We have such an amazing team of people that work incredibly well together, and we are all here to see each other succeed. I love that!
So, are you wanting to learn more about dōTERRA? Whether you just want to use them for your own personal use, share them with other people, or build it into a business, I’m here to help! As you can see, when it comes to doTERRA vs Young Living, they’re both great companies! I just went with the company I felt best suited me.
Ready to jump in?
I always recommend getting started with an essential oils “starter kit” that comes with some of the most popular oils to get you started. May I recommend the Family Essentials Kit or Home Essentials Kit? You can see the different kits HERE, and when you are ready to order, go HERE, then click the green “Join doTERRA” button at the bottom, select the appropriate language and country, and choose “Wholesale Prices”. Follow the few remaining steps, and you’re done!
P.S. I include a FREE copy of this incredible book (a $30 value) with any kit purchase, and for this month only, a FREE bottle of doTERRA’s unique blend “PastTense!” PastTense is excellent for head tension, and has been a lifesaver for my TMJ issues!
If you’re ready to order, head HERE!
When you order your starter kit of oils before March 31st you’ll get 4 FREE bonuses:
Bonus #1: Your FREE copy of the Essential Life Book (2nd edition), with tons of tips and tricks to use essential oils. ($30 value)
Bonus #2: EXCLUSIVE access to my private Facebook group, where you’ll get answers to all your essential oil questions.
Bonus #3: Access to my EXCLUSIVE webinars where I’ll tell you more about essential oils.
Bonus #4: Free bottle of doTERRA’s exclusive blend, PastTense.