I’ve always struggled with anemia, but have been really bad about regularly taking supplements. I recently had blood work done, and realized I need to be better about consciously taking care of my iron levels!
Anemia is a condition in which you don’t have enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to your tissues. Having anemia may make you feel tired and weak.
Anemia symptoms vary depending on the cause of your anemia but may include:
- Pale skin
- A fast or irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Cognitive problems
- Cold hands and feet
Initially, anemia can be so mild it goes unnoticed. But symptoms increase as anemia worsens.
Even though I can take supplements, I prefer to meet as many of my nutritional needs by my diet, if possible. Iron-rich foods include dark green, leafy vegetables, red meat, and eggs. So, for all of you out there with low iron/anemia, here are ten iron-rich Paleo recipes for you! Take a look at the photos, then scroll down to click on the links to see the recipes!
1. Chimichurri Kebobs from The Nourishing Home
2. Chorizo Breakfast Bowl from Anya’s Eats
3. Egg-Bacon-Zucchini Nests from Beauty and the Foodie
5. Greek Marinated Heart Skewers from Wild & Nerdy Wellness
6. Veggie Quiche from The Nourishing Home
7. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato & Black Olive Beef Roast from Pure and Simple Nourishment
8. Sausage & Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole from Plaid & Paleo
9. Lamb Chops with Tarragon Mustard Sauce from Anya’s Eats
10. Spinach Pesto (Nut-Free) from Life Made Full
Looking for more info on anemia? Check out these books (click on image to read more):