As part of my new and improved blog, I’m featuring “Confession Friday,” a recap of all the things I’ve done during the week that will most likely make you feel better about yourself. So, here we go!
- While at the doctor’s office today (for a bump with unknown origin on my son’s finger), I was one of “those” moms. I had one kid on the iPad, one on the iPhone, and another on my old phone all playing video games. I’d like to say we sat like a good homeschooling family, holding hands and reciting scripture verses, but I can’t. I can just see my grandmother shaking her head at the way “children nowadays” don’t just know how to sit!
- Yesterday I drank two salted caramel milkshakes. Within about an hour of each other. At least they were homemade. Meaning I blended together salted caramel gelato and almond milk.
- I haven’t mopped my floor in about two months.
- Our room is so cluttered with stuff, I don’t even know where to start. I clean one side of the room and then realize instead of actually cleaning it, I’ve just moved it all to the other side of the room. Usually this means moving it from Superman’s side to my side. That way it at least looks like I’ve cleaned from his perspective.
- One of my boys did the laundry and while unloading from the washer to the dryer, I asked him, “Did you put soap in the wash?” When he replied no, I pretended like I didn’t hear and put the clothes in the dryer anyway. Hey, I had 2 more loads to get done!
- My alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. every morning, and I have every intention of getting up then. But for some reason, I close my eyes for a second to check my eyelids for leaks and the next time I look at the clock, it’s 6:15! Weird.
- I had a friend call yesterday letting me know she was going to stop by in a few minutes. I quickly bribed my oldest son with the pleasure of getting out of “quiet time” early if he would bust his butt cleaning the house. He did. And then when my friend arrived, my daughter proceeded to say, “my mom’s inside cleaning.” I was horrified that I was caught red-handed. Don’t we all just want people to think our houses are always clean? Guilty.
- I’m a sucker for Valentine’s Day, and although I know it’s a totally contrived conspiracy to get us to spend money, I always say I don’t want anything, but I secretly hope to be surprised. P.S. I’m not a fan of flowers–seems like such a wasted bunch of money that could be spent on something better…like, say, dinner out with my hubby or some groceries.
- I’m writing this post as my kids are in quiet time and I should be ahem…cleaning, or figuring out what I’m going to make for dinner. Maybe I better wrap this up…oh, wait. What’s that? Pinterest is calling?
- And lastly, I had a chiropractor appointment on Wednesday for my jaw, and was on my way home around dinner time. The thought of getting home and having to feed 6 mouths was daunting. There is only one place I pass on my way home: McDonald’s. I guiltily rolled into the drive-thru, got ripped off by the person who gave me my change, and ordered my kids double cheeseburgers with no cheese and french fries. The whole way home my mouth watered for a freakin’ bite of a french fry. And I thought, “there’s no way I’m telling anyone I’m actually getting my kids McDonald’s.” And now, here I am. I would have eaten that french fry if I could’ve. Good thing my mouth is wired shut.
So, those are my confessions. Have anything you want to share??