It’s Friiiiiiiiiiiiday! That means it’s time for another installment of “Confession Friday!”
- I’ve always said I’m not a big “chick flick” fan. I love action movies and comedies and things that keep me on the edge of my seat. But every once in awhile, I begrudgingly sieze the opportunity to go out for a girls’ night to see a chick flick. And for some reason, I always love them. Last night, I went with a friend to see the movie “Safe Haven.” I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. I think maybe I’m a closet chick flick fan.
- Speaking of things girls do, I’ve never been a fan of shopping, either. Maybe I’d like it more if I was spending someone else’s money. Maybe. But I hate trying on clothes and getting my hair all static-y. If I do go shopping, I have to make sure I’m in proper shopping attire: flip flops (so I don’t have to keep untying my shoes), an easy pull-over shirt (so I don’t have to keep unbuttoning a million buttons), and no button/zip pants (for easy slip-on/off). It’s a science, I tell you. Do you like shopping?
- My sister is turning 40 in a few months. I always felt like 40 was so old, but now that my sister is turning 40, I keep thinking, “Man! 40 is nothing like I thought it was!” She just seems way too young to be approaching middle-age. People say we look alike, but we really don’t see it. What do you think?
- There are times I think about how much money we’d be saving if we were a 2-kid family. Of course, I would never put a price on our kids, and I wouldn’t change our situation for the world, but whoever said kids don’t cost very much must have never had kids. I think I may have shed a few tears the day I realized our two oldest boys (both 9) aren’t full after a “kid meal” at a restaurant anymore. They have to order grown-up entrees now. By the time they’re all teenagers, they’re going to need to get jobs just to support their eating habits.
- My youngest daughter (she’s 4) ate a whole tube of cherry lip balm the other day. I was not happy with her until I remembered doing the same thing when I was younger. I was even older than her, though…
- I’m counting down the days until this school year is over. I have major spring fever and am finding myself yanking my body to the kitchen table each morning to teach the kids. I need a pep talk!