I’ve been on a quest to create the best sweet potato fries recipe. It’s been a long, arduous task. I’ve gone through many soggy fries, watching them hang limply as I lifted them off the pan. They stared back at me, sadly drooping in my hand.
But finally, finally it happened. I went to the kitchen with new resolve. I took control of that sweet potato. I smoothly peeled off its skin. And then a masterpiece was created. Sweet potato fries that were so flavorful, so tasty, they were Restaurant Style Sweet Potato Fries. This was no home-cooked failure. It was as if I could open up my front window, place these in a little basket, and yell for all the world to hear “Get your fries here! Hot sweet potato fries here!”
Here, friends, is the recipe. You can thank me later.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP sea salt
- 1.5 TBSP coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the potatoes, then slice into ½” slices.
- Turn slices onto their sides and slice into thin sticks:
- Put potatoes with remaining ingredients into a large Ziploc bag and shake around until potatoes are coated evenly.
- Spread onto baking sheet into a single layer, and bake in oven for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, shake around a bit, then return to oven.
- Broil for about 3-4 minutes, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven.
- Important: Let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes to help crisp up before removing to serving platter.
- Eat promptly.