Please note: Even though I have made this recipe multiple times with success, it seems others have tried it and they haven’t turned out well. I haven’t been able to figure out what makes it work for some, and not others. Please proceed with caution!
Do you love lemon bars? I don’t. Well, at least I didn’t until I made these. And now? Well, now I do. These bars will melt in your mouth!
- 4 cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 5 TBSP tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, then press into the greased 9×13 pan. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, until golden brown. While that’s cooking, prepare lemon topping:
- Beat together all ingredients. Let crust cool for about 15 minutes, and when crust is ready, pour lemon topping over crust (note: it will be liquid–it’s ok!), then bake another 20 minutes or so, until set. For best results, chill before eating.