Paleo Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Coconut Cream Glaze

Recipe: Paleo Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Coconut Cream Glaze

This recipe is basically the same as my Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Cake, with a few minor changes. A key to success with this is to make sure the cake is completely done before you take it out of the oven, and allow it to cool for a full 30 minutes before removing from pan. I know this is yummy because, well, I loved it and every one of my kids had seconds!

For the cake:

4 cups almond flour

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 TBSP cinnamon

3/4 tsp allspice

1/2 tsp ground ginger

3 eggs

3/4 cup unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk

1 (15 oz) can pureed pumpkin

1 cup pure maple syrup

1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 340 degrees and grease a bundt pan with coconut oil (very important!) In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients. Pour into greased pan and bake in oven for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack before turning upside-down onto a serving platter. While it cools for another 15-20 minutes, prepare the glaze:

For the glaze:

1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate, melted

1 TBSP full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk

3 TBSP pure maple syrup

1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

water

Combine the coconut cream, coconut milk, syrup and vanilla in a bowl. It will thicken, so add water slowly until it gets to a “glaze” consistency. After cake has cooled, drizzle glaze over it and store in fridge for best results.

Comments

1. Stephanie KL says

Did you really mean to preheat the oven to 340 degrees? and not 350 degrees? The cake looks and sounds good.

Yes, since this one takes a bit longer to get the insides done, I lowered the temp a bit so it wouldn’t burn on the outside. Let me know how you like it!

2. Debbie B. says

I too wondered about the 340 degrees. Also, where do you buy your almond flour? I dislike buying it at Whole Foods (Whole Paycheck) or Wegmans…so pricey! Local health food stores aren’t much cheaper. Any advice appreciated! Love your blog :)

• Stephanie KL says

The best price for almond flour is on line at store.honeyvillegrain.com. Their blanched almond flour price works out to be under $4/pound. They have a flat $4.95 shipping cost and they are currently having a 10% sale on all purchases through Friday, October 12. Also during the year their discounts were 15% or 20%. I haven’t found any place that’s cheaper.

3. AIXA says

Might be a silly question but since I am not great at baking I have to ask. :) Dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ingredients in another and then we mix all together and pour right?
    I am preparing this today for a Paleo only crowd. Wish me luck. :)
    Thanks!

• radlandon says

Aixa, I’m so sorry I never saw this! Hopefully you figured it out! lol I fixed it in the recipe–yes, correct, mix them all together first!

Okay, I’m going to try making this for dessert after Christmas dinner for my in-laws, one of whom is gluten-free and the other very health conscious and a good cook. Wish me luck!

This turned out perfect! It was beautiful and so delicious that everyone had seconds. Thank you so much for a great gluten free recipe. It is a keeper.

5. Jenny says

made this tonight for company and it was a HUGE hit!!!! Thank you so much for all your amazing recipes!!! LOVE it!!!

6. Kati says

I used real pumpkin for this recipe (baked and pureed), and though it worked, it required almost twice the baking time. Great recipe, thank you!

7. Jim Tutsch says

Cake was so tasty. I cooked it at 340 for the required time plus 10 minutes, but the inside was mushy. Double checked the oven temp and it is correct. What did I do wrong? Thank you